Hello! If you are hungry and looking to make some delicious, spicy pasta, then you’ve come to the right place! Today, I will be sharing my penne arrabbiata recipe with you. I’ve also created a video that is up on YouTube, if you wish to check out the cooking process
Link to video: https://youtu.be/-8a7OGdPkvE
I am aware that there are tons of recipes for penne arrabbiata both online and offline, however, I really enjoyed the process of creating the arrabbiata sauce from scratch and just simply wanted to share this with you!
⭐ The Recipe ⭐
You will need the following ingredients:
* Disclaimer: this recipe requires a blender or food processor to mix the tomatoes in order to make the sauce base.
- 6 large tomatoes (the number of tomatoes depends on how much sauce you wish to make. 6 should be enough for 3-5 people. Use more if necessary.)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 10-15 black olives
- dash of salt
- dash of sugar (white/brown)
- dash of black pepper
- 1 small cayenne pepper (this is for the spice – I recommend one as this already makes the sauce spicy, however add as many as you want if you like REALLY spicy pasta)
- 2-3 large basil leaves
- approx. 300g of penne pasta (add less pasta for more sauce, or more pasta if there are more servings)
- dash of parmesan or any other alternative vegan cheese
- Wash the tomatoes. Cut around the top part and take it off. This part won’t blend/mix well later and so it is best to get rid of it prior to boiling & mixing.
- Boil the tomatoes in a pot for about 10-15 minutes. When you see that the tomato skin slowly starts to peel off naturally, take them out.
- In the meantime, cut 3-4 cloves of garlic into small pieces and place them in a different pot with some olive oil. You can begin to cook them over medium heat.
- Cut 10-15 black olives and set them aside.
- Now that your tomatoes are boiled, place them in the freezer for a few minutes to cool down. Once they’re ready, peel off the tomato skin and place the tomatoes in the blender/food processor, ready to mix!
- Once your garlic is golden, add in the tomato mixture.
- Cut up the basil leaves and add into the mixture. Make sure to keep stirring the sauce consistently.
- Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes, checking and stirring regularly.
- In the meantime, boil the pasta.
- When you feel the sauce consistency is right (not too watery or dense), add in the pasta and olives.
- Mix all the ingredients together and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Once the sauce and pasta are mixed well together and the sauce isn’t too watery, the pasta’s ready!
And that’s it! Once you serve the pasta, you could add some Parmesan cheese or another vegan alternative as well as more basil on top.
I hope that the pasta turns out tasty and delicious. Let me know if you have any questions! Enjoy and bon appétit!